Year Two's class page!
Miss Earley - Class teacher, Assistant Head, English Leader and KS1 Leader
Mrs Pighills - Teaching Support (Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Mrs Gilligan - Teaching Support (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Mrs Rafiq - Teaching Support
Mrs Ellison - Teaching Support and PPA Cover (Wednesday and Thursday afternoons)
Things to know about Year 2
- Please with your child as regularly as possible. The more practice the more confident and fluent your child will become. I ask for at least three times in a week. Please sign the reading record book. Reading books need to be be brought in to school each day. Your child will be read with regularly in school.
- We have two PE days this year. Our PE days are a Tuesday and a Thursday. The children will need to come to school in plain black jogging bottoms, their school t-shirt and jumper. They will need to wear their school shoes and change into pumps at school. The pumps can be kept in school in bag on your child's peg.
- Please send a labelled water bottle to school with your child. Please do not send in juice.
- If you do have any questions that please get in touch either through the school app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our class prayer
As a class we talked about what prayers are and the reasons that people say them. We then worked together to make a special prayer for our class.
Thank you for our school and the teachers that help us.
Thank you for the friends that play with us.
Help us to do our best and be kind to everyone.
Help us be a team and look after each other.
Help us achieve together in God's love.
Our class saint
Our class saint is St Michael. We chose him because his virtue is bravery.
This is a virtue that we will all try and show this year as we try new things and face different challenges.
Here are some pictures from our assembly. Year Two did a brilliant job and definitely showed the virtue of bravery when telling the rest of the school all about St Michael.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Creative Topic!
Please discuss this half terms fabulous facts with your child. These sheets contain some of the key information that we will be learning about over the next few weeks.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Science Topic!
These are some of the key scientists that we will learn about in this unit. I wonder what else you can find out about them.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Maths Topic!
Examples to help with work at home
Online support at home
* A great website where you can support your child to read at home is Oxford Owl https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Create a free log-in and explore e-books for your child to read, similar to those that are sent home from school.