Year Two's class page!
The Orange Bubble!
Miss Earley - Class teacher, English Leader, KS1 Leader and Assistant Head
Mrs Pighills - Teaching Support (Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Mrs Gilligan - Teaching Support (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Miss Hickman - Teaching Support
Mrs Los - PPA Cover (Wednesday afternoons)
Mrs Ellison - PPA Cover (Thursday afternoons)
Things to know about Year 2
- Please with your child as regularly as possible. The more practice the more confident and fluent your child will become. I ask for at least three times in a week. Please sign the reading record book. Reading books need to be be brought in to school each day. Your child will be read with regularly in school.
- Our PE day is a Thursday. Due to the current situation we are asking children to come to school in black jogging bottoms. This way no changing is required. They will need to wear their school shoes and change into pumps at school. The pumps can be kept in school in bag on your child's peg.
- Please send a labelled water bottle to school with your child. Please do not send in juice.
- Your child has a log in to Mathshed and Spellingshed. The log in for these can be found in your child's reading record. Please do use these resources as a way to practice key facts in a different way.
- If you do have any questions that please get in touch either through the school app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our class saint
Our class saint is St Michael. We chose him because his virtue is bravery.
This is a virtue that we will all try and show this year as we try new things and face different challenges.
We made beautiful stained glass windows to help us remember St Michael and remind us to be brave.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Creative Topic!
Please discuss this half terms fabulous facts with your child. These sheets contain some of the key information that we will be learning about over the next few weeks.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Science Topic!
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Maths Topic!
We celebrated our harvest festival in the hall with Year 1. In class we had thought about those people that might not have the things we do and brought in tins of food to be given out to the families that need them. We performed a song saying thank you to God for the food we have.
We learnt about the importance of Remembrance Day and the reasons why people commemorate it. We looked at photos from WW1 and made poppies to show our respect. The children were very respectful when we visited the prayer garden to leave our poppy stones.
Have a look at some of our fabulous leaf people.
We enjoyed using the different materials to create the different characters.
Examples to help with work at home
Online support at home
* A great website where you can support your child to read at home is Oxford Owl https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Create a free log-in and explore e-books for your child to read, similar to those that are sent home from school.