Year Two's class page!
Miss Earley - Class teacher, Assistant Head, English Leader and KS1 Leader
Mrs Pighills - Teaching Support (Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Mrs Boulby- Teaching Support (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Mrs Ellison - Teaching Support and PPA Cover (Thursday and Friday afternoons)
Things to know about Year 2
- Please with your child as regularly as possible as the more practice they have the more confident and fluent your child will become. I ask for at least three times in a week and ask you to please sign the reading record book. Their books will be changed when they have read with an adult and demonstrated that they are fluent and have an understanding of the text. Reading books need to be be brought in to school each day as we aim to read with all the children as often as possible.
- Children will recieve spellings to practice each week. Please support your child with practising them at home.
- We have two PE days this year. Our PE days are a Tuesday and a Thursday. Please ensure that your child has the correct PE kit (white t-shirt, blue shorts and black pumps) in school at all times. Please make sure all items are clearly labelled.
- Please send a labelled water bottle to school with your child. Please do not send in juice.
- If you do have any questions that please get in touch either through the school app or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This terms newsletter
Our class prayer
As a class we talked about what prayers are and the reasons that people say them. We then worked together to make a special prayer for our class.
Thank you for our school and the teachers that help us.
Thank you for the friends that play with us.
Help us to do our best and be kind to everyone.
Help us be a team and look after each other.
Help us achieve together in God's love.
Our class saint
Our class saint is St Michael. We chose him because his virtue is bravery.
This is a virtue that we will all try and show this year as we try new things and face different challenges.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Creative Topic!
Please discuss this half terms fabulous facts with your child.
These sheets contain some of the key information that we will be learning about over the next few weeks.
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Science Topic!
Our Fabulous Facts For Our Current Maths Topic!
Examples to help with work at home
Online support at home
* A great website where you can support your child to read at home is Oxford Owl https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Create a free log-in and explore e-books for your child to read, similar to those that are sent home from school.