Class Teacher & Early Years Leader = Miss Peers
Early Years Practitioners = Miss Brown & Miss Maddocks
Learning Support = Mrs Alderson
Early Intervention Support & PPA Cover = Mrs Wilson
If your child is due to join Reception class in September, please click here.
Home-learning during school closure
Please see this part of the page for regular updates on how you can support your child's learning at home. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks, Miss Peers.
Possible daily timetable (UPDATED!)
Wake up = get ready and enjoy breakfast with your family!
9 - 9.30am = PE with Joe Wicks (on Youtube)
9.30 - 10.30am = English activities (see below and/or Early Essence).
10.30 - 11am = Play outside in the garden.
11.00 - 11.20am = Phonics. Watch 1 video per day below and/or do the activity on Early Essence.
11.20 - 11.30am = Listen to a story with someone in your family.
11.30 - 12.00pm = GoNoodle. Sign up for free and enjoy some fun dances that you can do as a family!
12 - 1pm = Lunch and free time.
1 - 2pm = Maths activities (see below and/or Early Essence).
2 - 2.30pm = Play outside in the garden.
2.30 - 3.30pm = Creative time. Draw pictures, use chalk, paints, junk modelling boxes - what can you make?
3.30 - 4pm = Games time! This could be playing board games, puzzles, jigsaws, lego - whatever resources you have at home.
4 until bed time = Enjoy time with your family!
This week's home-learning!
Here are the activities for each day this week. These will also be uploaded to Early Essence alongside the videos and photographs. Please share your learning over there with us so we can see what fun activities you've been doing at home!
Monday 13th July 2020
- Today, it is PYJAMA DAY!
- We are wearing our pyjama's all day, having a relaxing day.
- Watch the story below which is called Pyjama day.
- After watching the story, design your own pyjama's using the outline on the document below.
- Write key words around the outside e.g. colour, texture, pattern.
- What's in the sky? Use the template below to write down words of what is in the sky during the day time and the night time.
- I have also uploaded some mindfulness colouring sheets. This is so relaxing. Spend time carefully colouring.
- Work through the powerpoint below.
- Who are the characters?
- What story are they from?
- Make your own story book. Don't forget to add pictures and write sentences about your story.
Tuesday 14th July 2020
- Today, it is FANCY DRESS DAY!
- Wear your favourite fancy dress outfit. Send photos through the class email or upload to Early Essence.
- Below, I have uploaded a powerpoint with different book covers or films.
- Have a look at the powerpoint and see if you can name the characters.
- Can you say what film / book the characters are from?
- Who is your favourite character?
- Draw a picture and write why they are your favourite character.
- The character can be from a book or a film.
- Make craft items linked to your fancy dress outfit e.g. crown, wands, shields. Think about how to make them and how to join pieces together.
- Collect stones and decorate them. You could then put these in your garden as a decoration.
- Play with your small world figures and toys at home. Create your own story line.
Wednesday 15th July 2020
- Today, it is FESTIVAL DAY!
- Discuss the following questions:
- Why do we have celebrations?
- Can you write a list of the different types of celebrations that we have?
- Discuss the different types of festivals: food, music, Chinese festival.
- Create flowers using paper.
- Go outside and collect daisies. Can you make a daisy chain?
- Have a go at making a dream catcher.
- You can do this using sticks and wool.
- Have a go at making your own musical instruments.
- You may like to use items such as boxes, plastic bottles, seeds, stones etc.
- Have a go at making your own bracelets.
- You could use wool / string and pasta. Can you decorate them?
Thursday 16th July 2020
- Today, it is PARTY DAY!
- Have a go at making your own party hats.
- Think about the shape of your hat.
- Is your hat going to be decorated?
- Can you write invitations for somebody in your family to join your party?
- Play different party games:
- pass the parcel
- musical bumps
- musical statues
Just a reminder that if you would like to meet Miss Peers to collect your children's books and belongings and to say goodbye to each other, please come to the school office between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
Phonics Play (https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk) is a great resource for supporting your child. Your child should be working within Phase 2 and 3. Please click this tab on the left hand side of the window and allow your child to explore the fun games! This is currently free to parents if you use the following log in details:
username = march20
password = home
Below are some videos which will help support your child continue to learn phonics. These are new digraphs for the children to learn. If you would like a list of words for your child to practise reading and writing, please email and I will be happy to send some out. Big thank you to Mr Mc for producing these videos to help parents teach phonics to their child!
Reading at home!
Here is a great website where you can support your child to read at home. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk
Create a free log-in and explore e-books for your child to read, similar to those that are sent home from school. Your child should be able to access and read pink and red level books.
If you would like to know more about how you can support your child's learning at home, please see this guide below.
Our first day in Reception class
Our learning achievements
Thank you to all of the parents who attended our reading meeting in September. We hope that you will have lots of fun reading books with your child regularly at home. Please make sure that your child brings their book bag to school everyday!
We are developing a love for reading with your child in our class. We will read individually with your child at least once a week where we will change your child's home reading book. In addition to this, we will read 3 books a day as a class and we will discuss the characters, setting, problem and solution within the story.
Please see below the powerpoint from our Reading Meeting.
R.E - The Way, The Truth & The Life